Rich & Lori Boren
In 2008 Rich and his wife Lori set sail to Mexico with their two kids, Amy and Jason from their home port of Morro Bay, California.
After 4 years of cruising Mexico and the Sea of Cortez, they headed back to California for Amy and Jason to attend “normal High School” but as soon as the kids made it to College, they headed back to Mexico.
Rich started Cruise RO Water Makers while cruising in Mexico. Together with his wife Lori, he runs La Paz Cruisers Supply, Management and Brokerage.
Alon has lived in La Paz for the past 4 years and has over 20 years of intensive sailing experience including:
- 3 years head sailing instructor for a captain’s license (more than a 100 new skippers).
- 5 ocean crossings (North and south Atlantic and Pacific).
- 3 Mediterranean Sea crossing.
- 1 North Sea crossing.
- 2 years Caribbean/Bahamas cruising.
- Working as a private captain for owners.
- Delivery captain.
- 85,000 Nautical off-shore miles logged (and who knows how many coastal miles?).
- ASA sailing instructor.
- Charter captain for different companies.
- Marine surveyor (Chapman School).
During his career, he came up with a simple system to teach sailing theory and practical sailing with many tips and ideas to help all levels of sailors (even old sea-dogs) understand better, preform better and be safer while on the water.